Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carson is 3 1/2 Months!

I cannot believe my baby is 3 1/2 months old!  Time has flown by...on Valentine's Day (2/14/12) Bill realized that Carson was 100 days old.  It is hard to keep track of all of milestones this lil' guy is reaching - seriously 3 1/2 months going on 16 :).  I think it was my Dad who asked, "when will he be driving?"  I need to fill out his baby book, but right now I am using this blog as a means to document these moments.

Carson is still sleeping in the bed with me and has been since about 4 weeks old (he has officially "booby trapped" Daddy), but we plan on putting him in the crib this weekend for Bill's birthday...2/26/12.  He is a very good baby and has a great demeanor.  He loves his carseat and probably gets the best sleep in it.  He loves to cuddle, but also likes to be alert and awake kicking his legs 24/7. Speaking of sleep, Carson isn't sleeping through the night yet and usually goes down around 7:30 pm, he wakes again at 10:30 pm, 1:30 am, and 5:00 am.  Currently he is only getting breast milk with minimal amounts of formula.  We are going to start him on rice cereal at 4 months, I think he will be ready as he is a big boy!

Here are a few fun facts about our baby boy:

1.  Reaches for toys, grabs them and talks to them with very cute oohs and ahhs - very coordinated!
2.  Tracks our voices and loves to look at Bill and I together, he also loves to look in the mirror.
3.  Rolls over - loves to roll front to back, back to front (might be his fave thing to do right now) rolls across the floor.
4.  LOVES bath time!  We put him the bath and he just relaxes, so cute.  I started a little splashing during his last bath and he liked that too.  I can't wait to get put him in swim lessons.
5.  Smiles A LOT and is starting to laugh out loud.  Also has his hands in his mouth at all times (I think he is starting to teeth), loves his Vulli Giraffe teething toy.
6.  Gets very vocal as he gets sleepy.  I know he is tired when he starts to do his "ooh" "ahh" it starts to get a little louder the more tired he gets.
7.  Lays on his tummy and can hold his head up at a 45 degree angle and 90 degree angle for a good amount of time.
8.  Sits up and holds his head very sturdy in the Bumbo seat.
9.  Wearing 6 month clothes (they are almost too small for him, ha)!
10.  Weighs around 17 lbs.

Needless to say the sleepless nights are starting to catch up with Mommy, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.  This boy has captured all of our hearts and we are so blessed to have a happy and healthy little man.  Carson - you continue to mesmerize us everyday, Daddy and I tell you all the time we love you with all of our heart <3.  Your next Doc appointment is on your 4 month birthday (March 6, 2012).  I will make sure to give an update after that appointment.



Here are some pics and video...



My handsome boy!

Loves sleeping in his car seat

Ready to go for a walk

Bouncing baby boy - happy as can be!

Ava, Max & Carson

After bath time





Giles cousins - February 2012




Miller Cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Crocker - February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment