Thursday, July 12, 2012

Confucius Say...

What doesn't Confucius say?  That guy had lots to say...I wish he had some kind of quote about time going by too fast because I would use it for this post!  I guess what I am trying to say is Summer 2012 has been a whirlwind thus far.  I am trying keep track of every "Carson" milestone as best possible, but there has been so many it is hard to stay on top of it all.  This kid is on the move, but I will do my best to recap the past few weeks here.

I will start with last weekend (07/07/12)...it was my Dad's retirement party / 60th birthday.  Two incredible celebrations rolled into one.  The man of the hour had a great time, my Mom had an even better time :)...and so did all of the guests.  Carson didn't want to miss a single minute, so he didn't and ended up staying up until about 10:00 along with his cousins.  My Mom requested that Stephanie and I toast Dad in style and create a speech.  I am more of a "off the cuff" type and did my best to tell a few funny stories about my Dad taking me to WSU for the first time, etc. they were okay.  However Stephanie outdid herself and wrote an amazing speech recapping the life lessons our Dad has taught both of us.  Stephanie - hope you get that framed it was great!  While I didn't create a speech, I know that my Dad reads my blog.  So here is what I guess I was trying to say:

Dad - As you simultaneously ring in 60 & retirement, I hope you are proud of your accomplishments up to this point...because there are many to be proud of!  Both Steph and I have the values that we do, because we have some pretty awesome parents.  I think the thing that sticks out most to me is your generosity and it is a quality that you thankfully passed onto me.  Your friend from work said during his toast that you would give an honest guy the shirt off your back, he is probably right.  I could go on, but I won't.  Just know that I appreciate the lessons...especially the one on keg stands, only kidding!!  Congrats to you Dad, I hope you enjoy retirement and all of the adventures it has to offer.  May we continue to have things to celebrate!!

We also celebrated the 4th of July by going to a Mariner's game.  There was a crew of us including; Stephanie, Earl, Mason, Aidan, Grandpa Dan and of course the three of us.  Upon arrival we were directed to Guest Services where Carson received a special certificate for it being his first game.  It was pretty cool and definitely a keepsake.  How American of us...going to a baseball game on the 4th of July.  We might have to make it a tradition of some sort.  

Speaking of celebrations our friend's Chuck and Robin tied the knot on June 30th.  The wedding was beautiful and was held at Kiana Lodge in Poulsbo.  Bill was a groomsmen and I have to say he looked pretty handsome in his tux! Congrats to a great couple!

As for Carson, he celebrated 8 months on July 6th.  I should say 8 months going on 8 because this kid is a mover and a shaker.  Words I use to describe my baby...determined, happy, delightful, capable, knowing, caring, loveable, smiley and charming!  He now has 6 teeth - four on top and two on the bottom, he sits (although not for long), pulls himself into a standing position, gives high fives, flirts with everyone, gabs all of the time, hates being hot, loves people, uses a sippy cup and basically makes me the happiest person alive.

Here are some pics from almost EVERYTHING over the past few weeks. 


Thanks Aunt Steph for the great seats, awesomeness!


Mom & Dad...his retirement, the big 6-0 and 35 years of marriage, wowza!!

The boys at the M's game!  Can we say decked out?

Happy 4th of July y'all!

The crew and brews!

PERFECT day for a game!

He turned 8 months the morning this was taken.  He is too interested watching Sesame Street to pay any attention to me!

I'm Sitting!

Daddy and Carson bonding always.

Here I caught him on the monitor petting and talking to George his Giraffe.  It was incredibly sweet.  Not sweet is when he went crashing into the side of his crib because he couldn't figure out how to sit down. 

Proud of his new "standing" accomplishment.
Fun wedding...lots of dancing, cocktails and smiles!

We visited Daddy at work.  He is now a team manager and we couldn't be happier for him.  Go Dad!!


Mr. & Mrs. Smith   







1 comment: